Thursday, October 4, 2012
OB Appointment
We had our regular OB appointment this morning with a midwife. She did the Group B Strep test, measured my belly, took my blood pressure, had the urine test - you know all the usual stuff. Everything was normal. Baby's heartbeat was around 150, which is great. The midwife did end up checking me since she was already down there for the Group B Strep test and my cervix is still closed and high up and she said it felt like baby was most likely head down which is great! We'll have confirmation on that next week at our ultrasound. I've been having so many strong braxton hicks contractions that it was a relief to hear that my cervix was still closed and that the contractions I've been having haven't been doing anything yet. I forgot how uncomfortable it is when they check you but I figure I'm about to push a baby out of there so may as well get used to that! Also, my uterus is officially up to my boobs. It actually is over top of and in between my ribs which explains the insane burning sensation that I feel on occasion. I'm just glad it's not like with Alex when his head was underneath my ribs pushing out, that was much much worse! So now we wait until baby is ready to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment