Thursday, September 20, 2012

33 Weeks & OB Appointment

New Symptoms:  Nothing new this week - just random stretching, hip pain, trouble getting comfortable in bed.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  137lbs so still at15lbs total gain.

Maternity Clothes:  Nothing new.



Stretch Marks: Nothing new.  Still none on my belly *fingers crossed*

Movement:  Less movement than before but still good strong movements and specific times he is most active.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  I have been loving the potato bacon soup they have once a week in the cafe at work.  It's sooo good!

Gender:  Boy.

Belly Button In or Out:  Out.

What I Miss:  I still miss being able to get comfortable and fall asleep easily and then stay asleep. 


What I Am Looking Forward To:  Our ultrasound on October 11th!!

Best Moment This Week:  Going to our appointment this morning, Alex hearing baby brother's heart beat and getting to schedule one final ultrasound!


Here's the belly!


33 Weeks


This morning we had our OB appointment with a new midwife and she was awesome.   She listened and explained things well and really took her time with us.  She was great with Alex too who was showing off for her :)

My blood pressure was 118/68 which is in the same range it's always been in.  My belly is measuring 33 cm. which is right on.  At my next appointment on October 4th she will do the Group B strep test to see if I'll need antibiotics at delivery or not.  She felt for baby's position and said he is currently head down, yay!!  But wanted us to have an ultrasound when I'm 36 weeks to check his position then because typically by that point whatever position baby is in is the position they stay in for the remainder of the pregnancy.  So in three weeks, on October 11th at 3:00 p.m. we'll have the ultrasound and find out his position and if he is head down we're cleared for the VBAC, if he is breech we'll have to schedule a csection but I will still have time to try to get him to flip before that.  If I were to go into labor before the csection date, they would use an ultrasound to check his position, if he did turn I would be able to try a VBAC, if he did not, then I would have to have a csection right then like what happened with Alex.  I

t's pretty crazy to think in four weeks baby will be full term and could come at any time.  Alex was born at 37 weeks so while I really hope to make it to 40 weeks to give baby the extra growing time, I'm preparing as if he is going to come at 37 weeks just so we're ready!

We also discussed birth control for after baby is born.  Our plan is as follows:   If I have to have a second csection, I will get my tube tied while they're already in there.  If not, then I will get the non-horomone IUD which is good for 10 years and then Joel will likely get the snip snip.  I wasn't sure getting my tubes tied would be an option because some surgeons won't do it if you're under 30, but apparently I'm considered old enough based on having two kids already and the stability of situation which are both factors as well.  I can't lie, it made me feel kind of old!  I really thought they would say "nah, you're too young for that!" 

We also discussed who would be baby boy's pediatrician, we'll have the same one that we have for Alex.  She also asked if we were planning on circumcising baby boy #2 and Joel spoke up and said no, since we didn't get Alex circumcised we will not get this baby boy circumcised.  This made me very happy because that's how I was feeling but Joel and I hadn't really thoroughly discussed it, just mentioned our positions and we hadn't come to a conclusion yet, so now we have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment