Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still at 136 so still 14lbs total gain. I'm trying to add a couple other snacks to my day to help with weight gain, although the doctors haven't sai anything about it and have said everything looks normal. I had gained 15 pounds with Alex at this point though so I don't want to fall too far behind that.
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new.
Movement: He must be sleeping more now because he isn't as active but when he is he does lots of big movements and I feel more random little jabs here and there throughout the day.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new.
Gender: Boy.
Belly Button In or Out: Out.
What I Miss: Same as last week, being able to play hard with Alex & on the floor with him for longer periods. My legs fall asleep after a bit of sitting on the floor. He also wanted me to get into his fort with him (aka the giant box his carseat came in) and I don't fit anymore! :(
What I Am Looking Forward To: Relaxing a bit tomorrow, getting baby's crib sometime soon and setting it up. Getting our bathroom reno done!
Best Moment This Week: All the extra time I got to spend with Alex :) Seeing my friend Courtney yesterday, it had been too long & it was really great to talk with her & to watch Alex play with her. He was giving her all his toys and calling her "Corky" lol :)
Regular OB Appointment
We had our appointment on Wednesday with Chief Doctor of OB. It went really well. All my measurements were right on track, baby's heart rate was around 120, which was good. She tried to feel what position he was in but he's still to little to tell based on where he was in there at that moment. She went over the risks and benefits of VBAC again with us and said she too supports me going forward with a trial of labor. Baby will be on a constant fetal monitor and if his heart rate dips down and stays down despite efforts to change position & get it back up that would be when we would do the emergency csection. That would be the least favorable course of events but we need to be prepared in case it happens. She said I'm a good candidate an he doesn't see any reason I would have any issues which is comforting. She also said they are very selective when it comes to VBACs and if they had any reservations or doubts they wouldn't encourage me to try it.
If baby is breech by 36 weeks they would at that time have me schedule a csection for my due date or one week after because typically by that point baby has decided that is the position he wants to be in an is less likely to flip. If I go into labor before the csection date and baby has flipped into the correct position then we'll still attempt the VBAC, but if he is breech at that point, we would have a csection that day like what happened with Alex. If I go a week over due, they will not induce me with meds, they can do natural stimuli to try to induce me but if labor doesn't start, then it's a csection.
So we really need baby to be in the right position and for me to go into spontaneous labor so we can have a successful VBAC. I think this will happen and all will go well, at least we know what the comes could be so we can prepare.
No comments:
Post a Comment