Wednesday, August 22, 2012

29 Weeks & Regular Appointment

New Symptoms:  Nothing new this week.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up to 136, so still around 14lbs total gain.

Maternity Clothes:  Nothing new.



Stretch Marks: Still none on my stomach. *fingers crossed*

Movement: Not as much movement this week but when he moves it's strong and crazy! I think he's starting to run out of room.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  Nothing new.

Gender:  Boy.

Belly Button In or Out:  Out.

What I Miss:  Being able to sit without my belly touching my legs!

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Hanging out with Alex tomorrow!

Best Moment This Week:  Having our regular OB appointment today, hearing baby's heartbeat and meeting an awesome doctor who gave me the green light for trying a VBAC and in general was super supportive.


Here's the belly:







This afternoon we had our regular OB visit.  It was our first with a doctor instead of a midwife and the main purpose was to go over the benefits and risk of a VBAC and to look over my history to ensure that I am in fact a good candidate for a trial of labor.  Dr. Casanova was amazing.  He took the time to explain everything and answered our questions thoughtfully and in an unbiased way.  After reviewing my history he said I am an ideal candidate for a VBAC.  He was very encouraging when I said I wanted to really try to go med-free.  I explained to him that I got very nauseous and itchy when the spinal wore off after the c-section and that I only took 1 tylenol-3 the night of the c-seciton and then just motrin after that because event he tylenol-3 made me feel really really loopy.  Joel told him about how I had been up and walking around that same night and he said "Really?! Well then, you're certainly a strong woman!  You should do great with a VBAC!"  So that was encouraging as well.  I am getting nervous about labor since I barely was into it with Alex.  I am also a bit nervous about pre-term labor and I'm going to be more vigilant with watching for signs as I get closer.  While it was highly likely that I only went early because of Alex's frank breech position, they still want to keep a close eye on me.  

He also went over my Glucose test results which he said were perfect numbers and I wasn't at any risk at all for gestational diabetes.  I only have one last test before delivery which is for Group B strep which they won't do for several more weeks.  Hopefully that will come back negative as it did when I was pregnant with Alex.  My belly is measure at 30cm which is good since I'm 29 weeks it should be between 28 - 30 cm  I'm glad to be measuring a little larger, more room for baby!  Baby's heart rate was in the 150's and sounded great and he was head down at the appointment - hopefully he stays that way and doesn't pull a stunt like his older brother did!  Our next appointment is also with a doctor and in two weeks on September 5th which is our three year wedding anniversary! I can't believe I'm going to be 30 weeks next week.  In my mind that's go time!  That means there's only approximately 10 weeks left of this pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment