Thursday, April 12, 2012

1st Ultrasound!

This morning we had our first ultrasound and everything looked great! Little baby 2.0 is measuring 10 weeks 2 days which is right on track. This would make our due date 7/6, though based on my last missed period it would be either 7/7 or 7/8 depending on what calculation you use, so we're sticking with 7/7 because it's right in the middle. Fun fact, while the tech was looking at my ovaries, uterus and the baby she noted that my right ovary has a small cyst which occurs with every pregnancy and is the marker of which ovary the egg came from. So this little one was from my right ovary :) Also baby's heart rate was at 174 beats per minute much higher than Alex's which I believe was in the 130 range, I'd have to go back and check...okay just checked back and apparently I didn't write that down but I did notice that at the first ultrasound we had with Alex he was measuring the same exact as this baby! 10 weeks 2 days! How cool! I feel like we got better pictures of Alex than we did this time but now that's I'm comparing them they are really similar :)

When the tech first focused in on the baby it wasn't really moving around and with Alex he was doing flips and moving a LOT at this point so I was a little worried for moment but then just as the tech said "they don't really move a lot at this point" baby jumped and started wiggling around like crazy and tech said "Whoa!! It's like the baby did that on command!" It was really cute. We got to see the baby a lot because they was another tech in training and they asked if we minded if she practiced so after the first tech was done getting everything that was needed the second tech played around with it a bit which was awesome because she was able to learn and we got more time with baby :)

Alex came with us and I know he doesn't understand at all what's going on but he did watch the screen and smiled a few times before getting distracted by other things in the room. It was cool to have him there for the experience.

I think that's it, so here's the pictures. I had to take pictures of them with my cell phone so they have some weird reflections on them:




No comments:

Post a Comment