Thursday, April 5, 2012

9 Weeks

New Symptoms: No new symptoms this week. Still bloated.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to the scale at the doctor's office I only weighted 121.5 which is half a pound less than I started out at - so clearly there are some discrepancies between their scale & Nichole's since when I weighed myself at her house on Friday it said I was 126. So yeah, I'm either half a pound lighter or four pounds heavier...lol.

Maternity Clothes: Still none.

Stretch Marks: None.

Sleep: Overall sleeping well, last night not so great because I have a cold - runny nose, post nasal drip, very sore throat. I don't even remember the last time I had a throat this sore. I'm going to have the nurse practitioner check it out today while I'm already there for our appointment, not that I'll be able to take any medicine for it or anything.

Movement: None, though I was thinking this week that I wonder if I'll feel the baby sooner since I know already what it feels like and will be able to identify it sooner - it'll be interesting to see. I felt Alex pretty early on anyways, I'll have to read back but I think it was at 17 weeks that I felt him.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Had to have sea food this past Sunday, I needed it. So Joel, Alex and I went to Red Lobster and it was glorious. Alex got his very first own plate of food, fettuccine alfredo which he absolutely loved. I had a lobster tail, scallops and shrimp and though I hit my sea food limit for the week in one day, it was so wroth it.

Gender: Unknown, but I've had two dreams now that it's girl, Joel is convinced it's a girl and my boss is convinced it's a girl. We'll just have to wait and see.

Belly Button In or Out: In.

What I Miss: Not pregnancy related, but I miss being able to swallow without pain and being able to breath through my nose - this cold needs to go away!

What I am Looking Forward To: Our first appointment today! Hopefully we'll be able to hear the heartbeat, though I read back and we did not hear the heart beat with Alex at 9 weeks, so we're trying not to get our hopes up. I'll write another entry later today with a follow up on how our appointment went.

Best Moment This Week: Telling our friends on Friday was awesome :) The more people we tell the more real it feels. Only a couple more weeks before we reveal it on Facebook and officially come out to everyone! We're super excited, but it is different than the first time, we're being much more careful this time with who we tell just based on the fact that a miscarriage is still possible and I don't want to have live through that very publicly if it were to happen. With each passing week our risk for that lowers though and I can't believe I'm almost done with the first trimester already, only four more weeks!

Labor Signs: n/a

I did take a picture this week because the bloat is making me look big. See! I look as big as I did at 12 weeks last time. First picture is me now at 9 weeks and the second picture is me at 12 weeks last time.

April 5th, 2012 - 9 Weeks Pregnant w/ Baby #2


August 31st, 2010 - 12 Weeks Pregnant w/ Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment