We had our monthly appointment yesterday and all went really well! My belly is measuring 24cm, which is perfect since I should be measuring anywhere between 23-26cm. Baby kicked the doppler when the midwife was listening for his heartbeat, which was strong and sounded great. There were no anomalies found on baby's heart, he has a normal 3 vessel umbilical cord, all measurements for all of his parts are right where they should be! I was right and my placenta is anterior and on the left front side of my uterus. I kept telling Joel that I felt like that was where it is because I feel kicks all around, except for that one little area. It is in a good place though and shouldn't cause any issues and it will likely continue to move towards the back of the uterus over the next several weeks before delivery.
I had her check out my c-section scar and talked to her about the occasional sharp pains and general stretching. She said it is all normal but to keep an eye on it and if I have any bleeding or the pain becomes consistent to call. She said my scar looked great and was one of the lightest c-section scars she's ever seen, which was nice to hear, even if she probably tells everyone that :)
They asked again if I was planning to do a VBAC and I said yes and both the nurse and the midwife reassured me again that I am a great candidate for it and shouldn't have any issues. I created my birth "plans" aka guidelines for what our wishes are - one for a VBAC and one for a repeat c-section. I'll post these in a separate entry. The biggest thing that I keep reminding Joel is that while the list contains our ideal options, we need to be well aware that all or none of those things may happen depending on how it all goes. We should know this best because of how everything happened with Alex, none of which was planned and we had to just go with the flow and do what is best for baby. It's important to be flexible in that moment and to trust that your medical team is doing what is best for you and baby. I'm very confident in our midwifes and doctors and know that they will follow our wishes and help us bring our baby boy safely into this world :)
Our next appointment is August 9th and that is when I'll have to do the two hour glucose test. I have to be there by 8:30 a.m., register, get my blood drawn, go up to Women's Health to check in and drink the glucola, then get my blood drawn again, wait an hour and get it drawn again. Then I'm free to go. I'm not looking forward to fasting beginning at midnight the night before. I definitely need to remember to bring a snack with me and a bottle of water so I don't pass out.
No comments:
Post a Comment