VBAC Birth Plan:
Preadmission/Admission
We request
- No IV upon admission; instead, I would like a heplock in place.
- Only my husband and required medical personnel will be present in the room, unless I request otherwise.
During Labor and Birth:
We request
- The opportunity to experience the most natural, intervention-free birth experience possible
- If possible/available, to use wireless telemetry monitors instead of being hooked up to stationary monitors
- Fluids during labor including juices, water, ice chips and popsicles.
- To assume labor positions of choice including the choice to walk and move or not walk and move during labor
- We are very open to suggestions of different laboring positions throughout the different stages of labor
- To use natural means of progressing labor if stalled or slowed
- If needed, membranes may be ruptured - please discuss with us prior to doing so.
- To use tub, shower and birthing ball as desired while laboring
- To tear naturally instead of having an episiotomy - wiling to labor in
suggested positions to reduce the need for an episotomy.
- To take
pictures during birth (we would at least like a photo of the moment of
birth, as we were able to capture this with our first son. It would be
very amazing to have.)
- If desired, to use a mirror to see crowning and birth
- To delay cord clamping until it stops pulsating
- To have father cut the cord
- To have baby placed on my chest following birth
- To have our son, Alex come in shortly after birth
- To breastfeed as soon as possible.
We would like to discuss prior to performing:
- Methods of natural inductions/augmentation of labor
- Perineal massage/warm perineal compress
- Episiotomy
- Vacuum extractor/forceps
Cesarean Delivery - Birth Plan:
In
my previous c-section I responded well to the epidural and took about an
hour to regain feeling/use of my limbs. When transferred from the OR
table to the bed I had a feeling of not being able to catch my breath
and some nausea. I healed very well and had a relatively easy
recovery. My only regret from my previous experience was not being
able to see my son being born and missing the first hour of his life
while I was in recovery.
We request:
- To have the screen lowered during baby's birth
- To have father cut the cord - if possible
-
To have at least 1 arm free/not strapped down to the table after birth
to touch baby/hold hand/etc. - this was done wonderfully last time and
is my first memory of our son.
- If possible, to have table tilted up slightly and baby placed on my chest while I'm being closed up
- To have only father, Joel with baby until I am released from recovery and reunited with baby.
- To have our son, Alex come in shortly thereafter.
- To breastfeed as soon as possible.
Following Birth:
-
Immediately and exclusive breastfeeding - no bottles, formula,
pacifiers, etc. unless medically indicated and after discussion with my
husband and I.
- In the event that baby needs to be transferred to the NICU and I am
not able to be released to immediately follow baby, I request the use of
a breast pump so baby may still receive breast milk, via bottle if
necessary, in place of formula in my absence.
No comments:
Post a Comment